Viera Fertility Center is equipped to assist individuals and couples with sperm and embryo cryopreservation.
Viera Fertility Center can cryopreserve and store sperm for individuals and couples seeking fertility treatment. Sperm cryopreservation is recommended for:
- Men with low sperm count who may need back-up samples during treatment.
- Men who travel frequently in preparation for timed intrauterine insemination or in vitro fertilization in the female partner.
- Fertility preservation in men scheduled to undergo cancer treatments.
Sperm cryopreservation through Viera Fertility Center is an excellent way to be ready for fertility treatments without having to provide additional sperm samples.
During an IVF cycle, treatment often results in multiple high-quality embryos. Excess embryos may be cryopreserved and stored for future use:
- Following failed IVF cycles.
- When additional children are desired.
- Genetic siblings are desired when using donor sperm.
Sperm and embryos are cryopreserved in liquid nitrogen, which deep-freezes the cells sufficiently to stop growth but allows for future growth as needed.