At Viera Fertility Clinic, we provide solutions to infertility problems. Our goal is to help you begin or expand your family. One of the ways you may choose is through egg donation. Our Melbourne IVF procedure has success with donor eggs. We provide both female and male fertility testing. If a donor egg is an option for you and your family, we hope to guide you through the process and answer all your questions.
If you are just beginning your journey toward starting or expanding your family, our doctors will perform fertility tests. This may include a semen analysis or a genetic and medical examination of the woman to determine if any factors are affecting their ability to conceive. After our doctors perform fertility tests, your results may show that an egg donor is a helpful solution.
Choosing an Egg Donor
Choosing an egg donor is an important decision. The health professionals at Viera Fertility Center have suggestions for things to consider when selecting your egg donor. For instance, think about:
- Health History – Her health and health history should match the qualities you find essential for your child to have. If there is a history of long life and low health risks, you may find these qualities appealing.
- Daily habits will affect the quality of her eggs. If a woman does not smoke or drink, her eggs may have a slight advantage over a woman who does.
- Gynecological history – If a woman has a history of missed periods or genetic disorders in her children or her family member’s children, you may want to reconsider selecting her eggs. Also, any prior or current forms of birth control the egg donor uses may be a factor in the viability of her eggs. Speak with your doctor to determine how medications affect eggs. Ask about the egg donor’s history with sexually transmitted diseases as these can also affect her eggs.
- Fresh or Frozen – If using fresh eggs, the egg retrieval and the insemination procedure both need to be performed in a certain timeframe.
- Current health. If the egg donor has recently given birth or is suffering from a chronic illness, her health may not fit what you’re looking for.
- Appearance – If you prefer a higher chance that your child will resemble you, consider searching for an egg donor who resembles you. For example, if you have blue eyes, seek out an egg donor with blue eyes. If you have dark skin, choose an egg donor with dark skin. If you use your partner’s sperm, your child may resemble your partner more than the egg donor.
- You have the option to choose an egg donor from someone you know or would like to meet. You can also select an anonymous donor.
The egg donor’s eggs are retrieved and combined with sperm from your partner or another donor. Fertilization occurs through artificial insemination. Then, the embryo is transferred to the uterus. The doctors at Viera Fertility Center monitor your progress throughout the entire procedure and share with you in the delight as your baby develops.
Contact our Viera Fertility Clinic Today
We are here to help you through your infertility challenges. Our medical staff also supports you as you select an egg donor. Speaking with our mental health professionals will also put your mind at ease. For more information, please contact us today at 321-751-4673.